Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our Getaway

Today is my day to kick up my heals and celebrate 11 years of marriage to my life companion.

I love him!

Here's pictures (finally!) of our vacation in Mexico celebrating us. It was truly spectacular!
We took many walks on this beach everyday. I love the feeling of the hard sand underfoot.
On a recommendation we stayed at the Barcelo Maya about 1 hour south of Cancun, Mexico.The resort was beautiful. Our room was located about one hundred steps from the pool (which extends forever!)The food and drinks were all inclusive.
It was a continuous 'party in our mouth'.
seriously.
The Teppanyaki restaurant was a highlight. The Surf and Turf was soooo yummy!This is what my breakfast looked like on many mornings. I couldn't get enough of the papaya. It was delicious!One day we took an adventure by public bus to the Tulum Ruins. Tulum is considered one of the most beautiful of the Mayan Ruins. It is relatively small and poised on the fifteen-meter-high cliffs above the blue Caribbean Sea.After Tulum we went to Akumal Bay (place of the turtles in Mayan). The beaches of Akumal, Mexico are nesting grounds for two endangered species of sea turtles. We snorkeled off of this beach and swam with huge sea turtles, sting rays and a huge school of Sargent major fish (huge school = too many to count. maybe 5,000?).It was thrilling.
me and my Hubby, the love of my lifethis trip. to 'us'...a worthy investmentworth shouting for
Here's to walking another 11 years together.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

  1. Love it. And to think ... I kept "you two" a secret for SO MANY MONTHS! Looks like a wonderful time ... and would it be weird if we invited ourselves along next time? I have this STRONG need for an umbrella drink right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've talked me into it! Looks gorgeous! Happy Anniversary! So how was it leaving the kiddos? You can't beat that white sand with this gray wet weather were having. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving the kiddos: wonderful. A little hard but we knew that they were in great hands and we also knew that we would return refreshed and better parents because of a break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Your pictures were great of your time in Mexico! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 11 years! Congratulations!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 11 years! And, that place you went is definitely going on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete