Thursday, November 27, 2008
The tots enjoyed their baby cousin Olivia, especially Carissa who laid next to her and talked to her for awhile.
The tots loved playing with their fun cousin Kelci who made them giggle all day with wrestling, tickling, pretend games and more... Kelci also taught Carissa several funny phrases with motions - she hasn't forgotten them and now repeats them at random.
A highlight of the day for the twins was taking a spin (or several spins) on Grandma's quilt rack. Personally I was a little jealous - doesn't this look like fun?
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1st Thessalonians 5:18
- I am thankful that we returned safe and sound from our family trip to AZ. Yesterday was a long day of traveling but the little ones were troopers. All of us are very happy to be in the comfort of our own home. Jeff and I were ecstatic (and I mean ECSTATIC) to sleep in our king size bed - it was heaven! And the kids are very happy to be back in their familiar surroundings. There really is no place like home.
- I am thankful that we got to see my mom every day during our visit. We all had good health and truly cherished our time together.
- I am thankful that God provides for us - spiritually, physically, emotionally, monetarily...in every way.
What are you thankful for today?
Be on the lookout - I'll be posting some pictures of our visit to AZ very soon!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Thankful living...it is an attitude I'm acquiring an appetite for.
I say 'acquiring' because my cravings aren't as weighty as I want them to be - I'm a work in progress.
I am however finding myself gradually hungering for a deeper understanding of God's goodness. This hunger is causing me to cultivate a sense of appreciation for the inherent fullness of life - to help me to see what is right and good in my life and to focus on what I have rather than what I lack.
So today I am THANKFUL for:
- homemade bread given to us by one of Jeff's co-workers
- an unexpected shopping trip where I scored some bargains!
- my chiropractor relieving my terrible neck pain
- events to look forward to - the women's retreat and our family trip to AZ!
- my friend Tammy whom I am co-leading worship with at the women's retreat. I am also grateful and that she is bringing me a sleeping bag and a flashlight - 2 things I would have forgotton had she not offered to bring them for me!
- the Lord's graciousness and compassion to me
"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name." Psalm 103:1
Sunday, November 2, 2008
All of you football fans out there know that the Denver Broncos played the Miami Dolphins today. Carissa watched some of the game with daddy - she was his little sidekick. Before long she was saying 'go go go' and 'Go Bronco's'!
Even with the 'cutest cheerleader' ever the Bronco's still couldn't get it together!
FYI...Caleb wasn't too in to the game. We attribute this to our friend Paul who has indoctrinated Caleb. Since day 2 Paul has tried to get Caleb to say 'Go Chiefs'! Oh no...not the Chiefs!