Thursday, January 7, 2010

Grrrrrrr


Its been one of those days.

Not a bad day but kind of a grrrrrr day.

Woke up this morning and severely stubbed my left pinky toe on a wood shelf awaiting hanging in our bathroom. I gasped so loud that even Caleb ran to my side and said "I'm sorry mommy" "that hurt!".

grrrr.

Got the kids off to preschool without a glitch and then headed to the Denver airport to drop my mom off for her departing flight to AZ.

Just as I was pulling to a stop at her airline entrance I see red and blue flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I thought, surely those lights are not for me, the officer must be pulling over for something else.

In line with the grrrr-ness I look to my left and the officer was at my drivers window asking for my license and registration.

Apparently, my license tags had expired. In August!

So along with the news flash came a $90 fine. And the consolation that the fee won't go on my record. Thank you very much.

After getting my stupid yellow ticket I was grrrrr (again) and then became weepy over having to say such a quick goodbye to my mom. Since my mom's leukemia diagnosis goodbye's are more difficult.

While driving South I remembered that there was a great Japanese take out so I stopped and ordered two spring rolls - 2 chilled white paper wraps with white chicken, basil, avocado, cucumber, carrots and peanut dipping sauce. Yum.

Because I got them 'to go' I practically salivated the entire way home.

When arriving at the DMV to up-date my tags I was alerted by a sign that they had relocated.

grrrrr.

And when I got to the new location and told the DMV lady that I never received a post card reminding me to pay for my new tags she said that the postcard reminders were nixed when funding was cut. So, in case you live in El Paso County don't just assume you'll get a reminder notice, just pay online the month that the tags expire.

grrrrr.

And just when I sat down to enjoy my two spring rolls I spilled the coveted peanut sauce on my desk. Don't think I wasted it after driving miles to enjoy it though. I just dipped my spring roll in the sauce on my desk. (my mom would die - what if it was a little dirty?)

And now? My son is crying because he doesn't want to take a nap. He says "its so hard" and that "he is waiting patiently to play". Maybe he thinks naps are grrrrr.

Thankfully, its not a bad day. Just grrrrr.

No more grrrrr tomorrow. It will be a new day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! I hate days like that!! It's always like all these annoying little things happen in one day adding up to a frustrating, endless day! Hope tomorrow is better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had such a hard day! Why does it all seem to happen on ONE day? I guess it's better to get it over with, instead of stretching all those annoying happenings over several days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I'm sorry you had such a grrrr day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete