Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

"We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near;
men tell of your wonderful deeds." Psalm 75:1


Thankful living...it is an attitude I'm acquiring an appetite for.

I say 'acquiring' because my cravings aren't as weighty as I want them to be - I'm a work in progress.

I am however finding myself gradually hungering for a deeper understanding of God's goodness. This hunger is causing me to cultivate a sense of appreciation for the inherent fullness of life - to help me to see what is right and good in my life and to focus on what I have rather than what I lack.

So today I am THANKFUL for:

  • homemade bread given to us by one of Jeff's co-workers
  • an unexpected shopping trip where I scored some bargains!
  • my chiropractor relieving my terrible neck pain
  • events to look forward to - the women's retreat and our family trip to AZ!
  • my friend Tammy whom I am co-leading worship with at the women's retreat. I am also grateful and that she is bringing me a sleeping bag and a flashlight - 2 things I would have forgotton had she not offered to bring them for me!
  • the Lord's graciousness and compassion to me

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name." Psalm 103:1

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my loving husband. :) And I am thankful I can "hear" your voice on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reminding me that I have a great deal to be thankful for! I hope you all are doing well! Tell your mom we are praying for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff and Angie: So glad to be home and out of the hospital.

    ReplyDelete