Thankful living...it is an attitude I'm acquiring an appetite for.
I say 'acquiring' because my cravings aren't as weighty as I want them to be - I'm a work in progress.
I am however finding myself gradually hungering for a deeper understanding of God's goodness. This hunger is causing me to cultivate a sense of appreciation for the inherent fullness of life - to help me to see what is right and good in my life and to focus on what I have rather than what I lack.
So today I am THANKFUL for:
- homemade bread given to us by one of Jeff's co-workers
- an unexpected shopping trip where I scored some bargains!
- my chiropractor relieving my terrible neck pain
- events to look forward to - the women's retreat and our family trip to AZ!
- my friend Tammy whom I am co-leading worship with at the women's retreat. I am also grateful and that she is bringing me a sleeping bag and a flashlight - 2 things I would have forgotton had she not offered to bring them for me!
- the Lord's graciousness and compassion to me
"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name." Psalm 103:1