Thankful Thursday's. - PSALM 107:1 "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."
When I was in AZ my Aunt Melanie gave me a booklet from her church which is a helpful guide for recognizing and claiming our daily blessings. In response I am choosing to concentrate on thankful living.
I want to focus on the blessings in my life not because Thanksgiving is only 36 days away but because I am called to give thanks in everything. 1 THESSALONIANS 5:18 "in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you"
I admit I have failed to live in a thankful mindset the past 5 weeks since the news of my mom's illness. I understand that focusing on the positive rather than painful details is choice that only I can make. And that no matter what happens today, even if I feel uplifted or unraveled, my choice to live thankfully is powerful - it opens up a space to see God in every detail of my life.
So today, I am THANKFUL for:
- My mom's life.
- My wonderful husband. For his support, listening ear, shoulder to cry on - and for being an amazing dad to take care of the kiddos during my trips to AZ.
- For family and friends who have come alongside me. You have been like 'Christ with skin on' to me.
- A woman from church who asked if she could spend time with my kids this morning and let me do an errand. I went to the salon and got my haircut!
- M.G. and family who care for our children when I teach voice lessons. The kids love going to their home!
- For Fall. The colors, the crisp air, the smell of baked apples.
In this season I encourage you to also concentrate on thankful living. And, if you are so led, I'd enjoy hearing why you are thankful.