Here is a quick up-date on my mom, Sharon's progress.
- Sharon's pneumonia is showing improvement
- She was able to drink chicken broth yesterday and today. Not only did she keep it down but it actually tasted good! She's hasn't eaten anything but ice chips for 2 weeks so this is a step in the right direction.
- She is still fighting an infectious disease which has caused her significant stomach pain. Now when entering her hospital room visitors must wear a throw away gown in addition to a face mask.
- Her white blood cell count which had barely increased has now decreased to .1 - the very bottom. This means that she remains in a weak state and is very susceptible to infections.
- Sharon is feeling claustrophobic. Imagine yourself trapped in a small hospital room unable to leave your confines under any circumstances (its been 2 weeks now). Wouldn't you be a bit stir crazy?
Again, I thank you for your prayers and support.