Wednesday, May 12, 2010

God is Faithful

When I enjoy the great outdoors I recognize more fully the majesty and strength of God. The sights, the smells, and the feeling of open space overflows my senses. When we went on this same hike as a family about a month ago I was praying to God that my mom would be able to walk this trail with us. I was hoping God would spare her the ability to travel so that I could share this beautiful hike with her. And it came to pass.
At the top of the 'Siamese Twins' rock formation the snowy pinnacles were breathtaking against the blue sky.
In that moment I was reminded that "God is faithful".

I don't say that lightly.

Sometimes it doesn't seem like God is faithful because he doesn't answer our prayers as we expect him to.

But even in the darkest moments I am reminded that God is in control and that as I keep turning my face towards him, he is faithful. He is faithful to be with me, faithful to watch over me, faithful to work in me and to mold me to become the woman I am called to be.

"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him." Lamentations 2:21-24

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! What a beautiful memory and could the scenery be ANY more gorgeous???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. angie i'm loving your photos. Doing awesome! :) And, the truths about His faithfulness are just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete