Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Lately I've been reading a book titled 'Sabbath Keeping' with a group of women from church.

While there are some whom still observe a day of rest many do not. We have become a 24/7 culture.

I am challenged by this discipline.
I'm noticing that when I experience rhythms of rest that my heart turns toward God and the wonderful things that He has done.

The Psalmist encourages us to:

"Seek his presence continually. Remember the wonderful works he has done, his miracles, and the judgements he has uttered." Psalm 105:4-5

I don't want to live life on auto-pilot.
I want to live a life remembering and appreciating who God is and the good things that He has done.

Today
I am grateful for beginnings and celebrations.
I am grateful that we are blessed with children and will celebrate their 3rd birthday this weekend.
I am grateful for the unusually high temperatures we have had this week.
I am grateful for scissors and the skilled hands of J to cut Caleb's many curls today. My, his hair grows fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment