Thursday, September 17, 2009

Celebrating Life part 2

Tonight I joined 'Greg's Lymphoma Phyghters' and hundreds of others in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's 'Light the Night Walk' - a night to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer.
The event raises funds for patient services, lifesaving research for better therapies and cures for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
Pictured here is the greater part of 'Greg's Lymphoma Phyghters'. A fighting team!I participated in the walk for several reasons.
1. to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
2. to support our friends Greg and Nancy. Greg is currently in treatment for Lymphoma.
3. to celebrate my mom's life - she is in remission from Leukemia - today marks one year since her diagnosis Sept. 17, 2008.
Everybody carried illuminated balloons during the walk.(me and my friend Nancy, Greg's wife)

No comments:

Post a Comment