Saturday, October 24, 2009

Whatever Happened to Thankful Thursday?

If you've been a reader on this blog for awhile then you may have wondered whatever happened to the 'Thankful Thursday' posts.


The hiatus wasn't intentional but as the temperatures rose this past summer and we were having too much fun in the sun I wasn't taking the extra time to share my thankful musings.


As we approach Thanksgiving I desire to share my reflections about grateful living on a more regular basis.


There is no doubt that I continue to have a stirring in my spirit to grow in the area of gratitude. I feel this past year has prompted a greater awareness of how much I have to be grateful for.

And, as a good friend of mine says, "awareness brings change".


As my awareness sharpens I continue to desire a deeper sense of gratitude.

Having gratitude is a powerful choice. Through gratitude we open up a space to see God in each detail of our life. When we choose gratitude, we see the activity of God all around us and in turn recognize the good things that God has for us.


Today I am thankful for today. For the candle lit in the kitchen, the laughter of little people that filled the house, enjoying friends over a Thai dinner at home, horsey rides, snuggling our children, and a long nap.

I loved today.

I rejoice and thank God for what today was - a normal day - a day to embrace and receive God's little gifts that matter.

"O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endures for ever." Psalms 107:1

1 comment: