Friday, February 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday

On my birthday in Dec. Jeff knocked my socks off by surprising me with a new camera. It was completely unexpected and so fun. I love it.

Lately you'll find me looking through the lens of my new camera clicking away at my toddlers.
But, while I've been shooting lots of pictures (over 1,000, no joke) I've been thinking about what type of lens that I see life through.

Is my lens in focus?

Is it a lens that chooses to have an eternal perspective?

Does my lens pay attention to my own reality, and tune my heart to hear God's own voice above my own?

Is it a lens of thankfulness?
Paul's instructions to the Philippians reminds me (yet again) to live a life through a lens of blessing and appreciation.

"Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:5-7

I am thankful that:
  • the Lord is near and that He gently calls me to look through His lens
  • I don't need to worry because God takes care of it all
  • God re-focuses my lens no matter how blurry it is
  • my Mom was able to spend time with our family on recent trip to CO (she also had the privilege to get acquainted with my new camera lens)
  • my Aunt Patty, cousin Michelle and her 2 year old daughter Gracie came to visit us and overlapped my mom's visit by three days (Michelle and I were often seen behind the lens)
  • my children make me laugh every day, even when they smudge my lens

What kind of lens do you see through?

1 comment:

  1. Um ... I didn't know about that new camera of yours! How fabulous! What a great surprise! And a fun visit from Michelle! I'm trying again tomorrow to get some voice to voice time ...

    ReplyDelete