Saturday, January 3, 2009

10 Years and Counting

Jeff and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary yesterday, January 2nd, 2009.
Jeff's parents were gracious to us and took care of the twins overnight.

We enjoyed 26 hours, just the two of us.

It was fun, flirty and fabulous!

Since the kids were staying at Papa, Grandma's house we spent our time in downtown Denver. Our hotel was in a prime location and we walked the 16th Street Mall perusing stores and drinking coffee while enjoying one another's company. It was relaxing and rejuvenating to have the freedom to do what we desired without consideration of our little one's needs.
While shopping we both scored on the clearance outerwear at the Gap. I bought this belted coat for only $27.29, originally priced $128.00 and a matching hat for $6.29. Jeff bought a wool zip jacket for only $29.40, originally priced $98.00.

Over dinner Jeff and I reflected on the past ten years. We laughed about the many good things and lamented the hard things that come with time. Our biggest surprise (by far) has been parenting twins. We both imagined our lives with multiple children just not at the same time!
We also pondered the next ten years - our dreams, desires for our marriage, our family and the excitement of the unknown.

I feel blessed to spend my life with Jeff. I cherish the memories we have experienced together and look forward to many more to come.

Thank you Jeff for being my lover, my partner, my confidant, my friend and the most amazing daddy to our children.
Here's to the next 10 years and counting.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That means it was 10 years ago that I was blessed to stand up for you at your wedding with fabulously HUGE hair!

    And it has been over 10 years since I kept that secret that you went on a date with Jeff ... even when people tried to pry it out of me :)

    LOVE YOU BOTH!! (And I love the 16th Street Mall ... it's outdoors, right? NICE PURCHASES!!!) Would like to see them modeled in a future post!!!

    ReplyDelete