Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday

"The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad."
Psalm 118:24

I have to admit that sitting down and concentrating on the many blessings in my life is causing me to be more of a gracious person. It seems that I should automatically live with an attitude of gratitude but sadly that is not the case. Having to regularly thank God for moving and working in my life is helping me to actually open my eyes wide enough to see what God has done and in response 'rejoice and be glad'. I believe my outlook is changing for the better and for this I am thankful.

Today I am thankful for...
  • The Advent season. The anticipation of Christ's birth. Christmas decorations, parties and warm scarfs.
  • Heat. Our furnace has been acting up. Two nights without heat in CO - not a good thing! Thank goodness the furnace is still under warranty because the 8 hours Mr. Fix-it worked on it could have been costly.
  • The shrinking pile of laundry - almost done!
  • My adorable tots who give me reasons to laugh every day

What do you have to 'rejoice and be glad' in?

No comments:

Post a Comment